HOUSTON, TEXAS—October 1, 2015—Safran Software Solutions, a provider of Enterprise Project Planning and Risk Management software, announced that Harvest Operations Corp (Harvest) has adopted the Safran Project™ solution to optimize project performance across all capital projects within the company’s Upstream Conventional business. Harvest chose to standardize the use of Safran due to the software’s unified delivery of planning and scheduling, risk management, cost variance (Earned Value) and reporting capabilities in a single solution.
Ranked among the top ten Oil & Gas producers in Canada, Harvest is a wholly‐owned subsidiary of Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC). Harvest manages projects in the areas of exploration, development and upstream production of crude oil and natural gas, including the Blackgold oil sands project in Northern Alberta.
Over the past three years, Harvest has used Safran Project to plan and manage their upstream conventional capital projects. The integrated Capital Execution plan created in Safran is leveraged by all project controls team members. From functional departments such as: Geology, Drilling, Completions, Land, Regulatory, and Engineering to the Asset Teams, the central planning tool has resulted in the following company, staff, and project benefits:
- With Harvest’s Request to Drill (RTD) process, Geology triggers the creation of the ‘project’ in Safran for proposed drill locations. This is the basis for generating the plan for all new drills.
- Drilling & Completions now have a transparent schedule for rig planning based on approved locations to avoid costly last-minute changes.
- Both Land groups (Surface and Mineral) are brought into Safran as part of the RTD process to manage all tasks related to securing mineral rights, actual drill locations and land owner notifications to avoid lengthy delays.
- Regulatory ensures all required applications are sent out and permits are received to avoid any compliance issues.
- Engineering, being the major stakeholder of Safran, is responsible for managing all aspects of the project including key milestones and project costs.
- Asset Team Managers leverage detailed data collected for each project to easily benchmark and report their performance based on budget, and to forecast progress to the end of each year.
Harvest has further extended the value of the Capital Execution plan by integrating Safran with Peloton’s SiteView and WellView applications, and financial and budgeting systems, for tighter activity tracking and increased cost control.
Harvest chose to implement Safran to provide a single system of record for all team members involved in the well delivery process. Richard Paterno, IS Team Lead - Operations explains, “The integration of Safran with our financial system and Peloton tools has improved capital forecast accuracy and driven improved well delivery cycle times.”
“Harvest is an innovator in Oil & Gas exploration, and we are pleased to be a part of the best‐in‐class processes the company has developed with the support of Safran Project,” said Dean Edmundson, CEO Safran Americas. “We look forward to supporting Harvest in even more operational optimization that will further streamline the company’s drilling projects. We are proud to have Harvest as a client and look forward to continued collaboration with Harvest leadership - to deliver even more efficiencies to the business.
About Safran Software Solutions
Safran Software Solutions, headquartered in Stavanger with offices in Houston, London and Oslo, is a leading provider of EPPM and Project Risk management software solutions to project- and asset-intensive industries. Safran is recognised globally for streamlining the EPPM process while elevating project delivery confidence through its integrated project reporting, risk and change management capabilities. Safran prides itself on speed of product adoption and customer satisfaction, which ensure the greatest value for its customers. Safran is laser-focused on enabling the success of project control teams. To learn more about project success achieved by Safran clients like Statoil, Aker Solutions and ConocoPhillips, visit www.safran.com.
About Harvest Operations Corp.
Harvest Operations Corp. is a wholly‐owned subsidiary of Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC). Harvest is a significant operator in Canada's energy industry offering exposure to exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas (Upstream) and an oil sands project under construction and development in northern Alberta (BlackGold).