Without a doubt the largest event of its kind anywhere in the world, Project Controls Expo 2019 is only a few short weeks away. And once again, Safran is proud to sponsor both the London and Melbourne events.
Building on the success of last year’s shows, which saw over thousands of project controls professionals from around the globe gather to share their expertise and discuss the latest innovations from the world of project management, ProjCon 2019 begins with a special award evening. These will be hosted on Tuesday November 12 in London and Monday November 25 in Melbourne. There are six categories in total recognising the individuals, projects, programs, and organizations that have made the greatest contributions to the discipline over the past 12-months.
This is followed by the main event itself on Wednesday November 13 (UK) and Tuesday November 26 (Aus).
Presented by a diverse array of experts from across the globe, ProjCon 2019 features numerous seminars, workshops, panels, and discussions. These have been specifically designed to raise awareness of the processes, tools, and techniques that underpin the project controls profession — from both a practical and theoretical standpoint.
The awards evening and main conference will be hosted at London’s Emirates Stadium in the UK and the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia. For directions to the venue or additional information on accommodation and local amenities, head over to the corresponding venue page.
What’s on the Agenda?
Whether you’re new to the industry or a company director with decades of experience in project controls; work for the government or are responsible for large-scale projects in the aerospace industry, ProjCon 2019 is open to anyone who has a keen interest in project management.
Far more than an educational symposium for seasoned professionals looking to supplement their existing knowledge, Project Controls Expo 2019 is the ideal place to expand your network or explore career opportunities within project management.
The agenda for this year’s show is as follows:
- Partner showcase — Take a look at the cutting-edge technologies, products, and services developed by ProjCon’s illustrious partners
- Masterclass zone — A series of highly-educational presentations designed to help attendees develop their knowledge and skills even further
- Technology zone — Seven 45-minute presentations demonstrating the functionality and capabilities of the various products on the show floor
- Case studies zone — Here guests will be able to take a closer look at various real-world problems and how the application of modern project controls technologies helped solve them
- Megaprojects zone — Learn how to manage complex megaprojects and protect investment
- Innovations zone — An open forum in which experts are free to share new techniques, innovations, and approaches to project management
- Social projects zone (UK only) — The focus here are those projects that have a significant impact on the socio-economic environment surrounding them. A must-see for UK attendees
- SME Panel — Meet one of ProjCon’s experts face-to-face and discuss any specific cases or queries you might have
A comprehensive breakdown of this year’s agenda can be found here.
If you’d like to submit your own question prior to the show, please fill in the relevant form on the ProjCon website. Please note: only questions submitted at least three days in advance of either event will be considered.
Meet the Speakers
As with previous years, ProjCon 2019 boasts an impressive assortment of expert speakers from various industries — almost 100 over the course of the two events.
Excitingly, Safran CEO Richard Wood will be speaking at the London event. So, if you have any questions about Safran software or project management in general, we'd love to hear from you.
Reserve Your Place
It’s no exaggeration to say ProjCon is the most important event in the project controls calendar.
We advise anyone who hasn’t already reserved their place to do so without delay. What's more, by using the promo code SafN50, a handful of lucky guests will receive 50% off their ticket price. These are available on a first come, first served basis, so you'll need to get in fast.
As mentioned above, we’ll be attending the London event in person. However, as Gold sponsors of the Melbourne show, Safran will be represented by one of our esteemed partners during the Australian leg of the conference.
Get in touch with us today if you’d like to arrange a meeting with us at either event or discuss anything else from the world of project management.
We hope to see you there.