Safran Project Planning Software version 5
STAVANGER, 31st of October, 2013
We are pleased to announce the release and general availability of Safran Project version 5.
Safran Project version 5 is a major software release containing new features, enhancements and corrections.
The Safran Project 5 upgrade is free of charge for customers under current Upgrade Subscription Program – USP.
As part of the release Safran Software Solution will also offer upgrade training courses. The date for the first courses will be announced shortly.
To list a few of the new features and enhancements:
- New icon style to give the application a more up-to-date look
- New Change Report
- New Bubble Chart Report for Program and Portfolio Reporting
- Bull’s eye report supporting program and Portfolio reporting
- New Progress status Report – Hanging gardens
- New Schedule Performance Report
- Update to the Report Package that allows you to run only a few of the reports in the package
- A Progress Status Tool – similar to the Progress status report but with update capabilities.
- Enhancements to the Barchart Editor including:
- Two new tabs in the Activity Information Pane: Outline Codes and Computed Fields
- Filter on the new Predecessor/successor window in the Link Information pane
- Resources now show description in addition to resource code in the Resources pane and Vo type is added as information to the resource record in this pane
- A zoom function that allows you to zoom the entire Barchart Editor
- Several new selectable columns have been added to the columns area
- Two new start and finish symbols
- New text formatters for symbols, date format, thousand separator and no of decimals
- Symbol sets can inherit symbols from other symbol sets
- You can use symbols from another symbol set in your layout
- Drag and drop linking from one activity to many and from many activities to one.
- A few enhancements to the Editor Histogram including fill of curves and profiles, and the ability to exclude non used group values from the stack group
- Quick selection filters for layouts, reports, filters now support selection on name and owner with combination of and/or statements
- As a cost option you can add Schedule Risk Analysis as a new functional area to your Safran Project license. The Schedule Risk analysis features are fully integrated with the Barchart Editor.